Sunday, November 11, 2007

Say it ain't so!

Anybody that knows me knows that I'm *kinda* girly. For example - I don't do dirt. Dirt is for BOYS! I wanted to scrapbook until I realized that I could, possibly, get glue on me. I have probably 15 different shades of lipstick. I change my purse depending on what I'm wearing (duh, can't wear brown shoes & carry a black bag, can we?!) I like Gymboree and polka dots and silly monogrammed stuff and sometimes even *GASP!* smocked dresses!

I'm not exactly sure why I went through all that, but anyway... my point is, I'm girly, and I always wanted a girl so that I'd have a girly pal. I'm not altogether thrilled with the fact that my daughter is preferring swords over dolls at this point. But hey, I'm still safe, because I get to put her in all the cute little girly dresses, right? Uhhh......



I came home from work the other day & found this. MY DAUGHTER! In one of Jackson's tee-shirts from the fire department, paired with the top to her Dora tankini that I *sooooo* didn't want to buy but she loves Dora better than Mommy & was pitching a fit in Wal Mart & I was tired & I had to make her stop so I gave in.... okay that was totally a run-on sentence. Anyway! At least she had the decency to pick out a red bow. I guess I'll look over the fact that it's VELVET. *sigh*

I think she inherited her Dad's sense of style. I'm scared. Really scared.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just so cute... is it wrong that I am STILL giggling over that first photo in your brotherly love post tho!!!!

Terri said...

It doesn't matter what she wears she is still cute and sassy.

Marla said...

Adorable, Stephanie!! Don'tcha just love some of the combos they come up with. Sadly, my Sarah is 5 and still comes up with some crazy ones!!! :) I've been behind in my blog reading so I enjoyed catching up on all of your posts!

Stephanie said...

Haha!!! Meg you're too funny, I love that picture too, I bet I laughed for 15 minutes after I opened it up in PS, lol!!!