Monday, May 04, 2009

Jackson's Birthday Party - Red Barn Stables

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACKSON!!!!

Awww, I can't believe my baby boy turned 5 today. FIVE!!! It just doesn't seem like he should be starting school this year! *pout*

We had, dare I say, one of the BEST parties ever on Sunday at Red Barn Stables in Jacksonville. I've been to 1 other birthday party there & I was definitely sold. I've posted some of the snapshots on facebook/myspace & have gotten a few inquiries, so I thought I'd go ahead & answer a few questions here in case anyone is interested!



1) Are you related to or friends with the people that own Red Barn Stables?
Absolutely not. Met them yesterday. They're VERY nice!

2) Is this a public place?
Well, depends on how you look at it. It's their private property, I'm assuming, and you can pay to have a birthday party there.

3) Where exactly is it?
Jacksonville/White Plains - off White's Gap Rd. Out in the boonies, where farms usually are. ;)

4) How much did it cost?
$175 for 2 hours, $275 for 3 hours

5) What's included?
Well, we got the 2 hour party (it was cut short by bad weather, bummer!) - the 1st 30 mins you do horseback riding, the 2nd 30 mins, you do a hayride (we made a pitstop to feed the catfish), the 3rd 30 mins you have your refreshments, & the last 30 mins you get to go fishing in a little pond. FUN TIMES!

6) How many kids can you invite?
up to 20. If you have more than 20, you have to do the 3hr party.

7) What do they provide?
Well, they provide the horses. And the fish. And a barn. Oh yeah! And there was 4 very large tables & lot of chairs inside the barn. I just brought along 2 coolers full of drinks for everyone, ice cream & cupcakes. And of course I didn't forget the goody bags!

I must say that all the kids had such a good time!!! We usually have a hard time finding that "middle ground" ... you know what I mean... if the older kids like it, then the younger kids don't... or if the younger kids like it the older ones don't! Everyone enjoyed this - even, dare I say, the adults :) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. We will be going back for SURE.

P.S. - I got all the party stuff at Hobby Lobby - they had the cutest cowboy themed party stuff/invitations with bandana print & cowboy boots! Too cute! And cheap!!

Here's Jackson making out with lots o' birthday loot!

1 comment:

Terri said...

fantastic birthday party! I highly recommend it. ALL AGE kids LOVE IT.....