Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Break? Part Two

So. My husband gets the bright idea to head to Six Flags even though we already had SOOOO much fun (note my sarcasm) at the zoo on Thursday. "They're only open all day on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday" I remember him saying. Since I'm booked with shoots, & he was working Saturday, Friday was pretty much the only option. We couldn't pass it up, really - we were getting free admission, free parking, and free meal tickets... almost too good to be true.

It was.

So we invite Tucker's best friend Joshua & his dad (Greg). Forecast calls for rain, but we're optimistic people, so we headed toward Atlanta, even though it was drizzling a bit...

and it kept raining.

and raining.

and... you guessed it.... raining.

About 30 minutes into the trip, I *mentioned* something along the lines of "Hey, it's still raining - pretty hard..." Hubby & Greg are laughing away, talking politics, football, random stuff. Just not the weather.

So. We arrive at Six Flags. And it's STILL raining.... and they... well, they look closed? (weird, huh? Seeing as they are OPEN ALL DAY on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, right?) So we decide we'll just take a trip to the Georgia Aquarium (which, by the way, is the largest aquarium in the WORLD). We hop back on the interstate, and I look back at the Six Flags sign that says, in bright, flashing lights "OPEN TODAY 6-11"...

Boy, was hubby glad it was raining. I heard Greg mention something about the Griswald's....

Anyhoo, we made the best of it - it was a really beautiful aquarium. It was SO incredibly packed (guess everyone else had the same idea on a rainy day!) that it was hard to take pics, but here's a few...





I P.R.O.M.I.S.E. that I try to get this kid NOT to point with his bird finger. I've gotta break this habit before he starts kindergarten & gets expelled... *sigh*


HAPPY FALL Y'ALL! =) Back to work for me tomorrow. BOOOOOO!

No comments: